Send Your Marketing Team To Weight Watchers
No-not to lose weight, but to learn an integrated marketing system that can result in higher long-term profitability and return on marketing spend.
What Small Companies Lack
Large companies with large marketing teams typically have an established system that has been refined to ensure maximum effectiveness. Small to mid-size businesses typically don’t. So, if your business doesn’t have an established marketing program and you’d like to elevate the results your marketing team produces (even if it is a team of one) then learning from Weight Watchers* can be very profitable.
Why Weight Watchers Is Worth Watching
Weight Watchers is largely associated with weight loss, but it has a greater mission: to promote a healthy lifestyle with food that contributes to long-term health and happiness.
The corporate equivalent is this: to promote an integrated system of disciplines, measurement tools, continuous learning, and best practices to support long-term profit maximization and return on investment. Where the results of Weight Watchers’ program are most noticeable at the waistline, applying the Weight Watchers’ principles to your marketing will be most noticeable on the P&L line.
What You Can Learn From Weight Watchers
Here are some of the lessons your marketing team (and business) can learn from Weight Watchers:
- Identifying and reinforcing good habits
- Value of constant learning/education
- Importance of an up-to-date marketing toolkit
- Newness: constantly refreshing messages
- Consistency: not altering the primary mission
- Measurement and analysis: the use of measurements to gauge performance
- Track record: building upon success
- Testimonials: promoting your business
- How to build a brand
- Generating growth by extending the product lines
- Refining your selling message with selling scripts
- Goal setting
- Communicating with customers on their terms
- How to effectively use trial and error and experimentation
- Maintaining a relevant message to counter competitive threats that promise faster results with less effort
- The importance of positive reinforcement
For more ways to grow your business go to:
*WEIGHT WATCHERS and POINTS are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and are usedunder license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.Mission: To help small and mid-size businesses sell more by re-thinking their business and marketing strategies.